Monday 26 August 2013

Cutting Chai Wisdom


Cutting Chai Wisdom: When Less is More

Photo: Cutting Chai Wisdom: When Less is More.

Says this roadside tea seller: "These days, everyone wants bigger, better, more. No one is satisfied with anything. The little cutting chai glass is one of the few places where people actually find satisfaction in less, rather than more. 

For four rupees, I sell them a few moments of peace."
The Man of the Moment

I was in Belgaum, Karnata for a day, and being the ultra-hyper-restless one that I am, decided to wander about its streets. Suddenly, it began to rain furiously and I was forced to take refuge under the roof of a tiny tea stall.


That's where I met the fabulous Mr. Anand.

Mr. Anand is a roadside tea seller who could easily qualify off as a philosopher. 

A faint smile on his face, he told me, "These days, everyone wants bigger, better, more. No one is satisfied with anything. The little glass of cutting chai is one of the few places where people actually find satisfaction in less, rather than more. 

For only four rupees, I sell them a few moments of peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment